Grab a paddleboard…
Rent a pontoon…
Launch a jet ski…
Enjoy the blue waters of Torch Lake!
Watch the Sky
Storms come up fast.
It’s unsafe to boat/swim during lightning storms.
Make your way to a safe harbor:
- SE- Alden Dock
- NW- Torch Lake Village
- Observe the speed limit.
- Don’t drink and drive.
- Pump your marine toilet at DeWitt’s Marine or Torch River Marine.
- No mooring overnight.
- Turn down loud music.
- Don’t turn around in the river.
- Clam River flows INTO Torch Lake.
- Torch River flows OUT OF Torch Lake.
- Stay 100’ away from a person in the water, other boats, rafts and docks.
- Steer clear of the points of land jutting into the lake. Many are surrounded by shallow water.
- Loons are threatened in Michigan.
- Slow down and keep your distance.
- Enjoy watching these special birds.
Protect Torch Lake
Before you come to Torch Lake, Clean, drain and dry your boat to prevent the spread of invasive species.
Torch Lake Boating Trail (.pdf)
Public Boat Launches
- 6 around the Torch Lake.
- Please use public restrooms.
- Maintained by local townships & MDNR.
- Pay the $11 fee at MDNR launches.
- Respect the neighbors’ private property.
Public Boat Launches Map (.pdf)
Torch Lake Paddling Trails (.pdf)
Know the Law – Michigan Boating Rules and Regulations
Don't just wish that Torch Lake will stay blue.
Choose a water-friendly lifestyle - make a difference!