Grab a paddleboard…
Rent a pontoon…
Launch a jet ski…
Enjoy the blue waters of Torch Lake!
Watch the Sky
Storms come up fast.
It’s unsafe to boat/swim during lightning storms.
Make your way to a safe harbor:
- SE- Alden Dock
- NW- Torch Lake Village
- Observe the speed limit.
- Don’t drink and drive.
- Pump your marine toilet at DeWitt’s Marine or Torch River Marine.
- No mooring overnight.
- Turn down loud music.
Public Boat Launches
- 6 around the Torch Lake.
- Please use public restrooms.
- Maintained by local townships & MDNR.
- Pay the $11 fee at MDNR launches.
- Respect the neighbors’ private property.
Public Boat Launches Map (.pdf)
- Don’t turn around in the river.
- Clam River flows INTO Torch Lake.
- Torch River flows OUT OF Torch Lake.
- Stay 100’ away from a person in the water, other boats, rafts and docks.
- Steer clear of the points of land jutting into the lake. Many are surrounded by shallow water.
- Loons are threatened in Michigan.
- Slow down and keep your distance.
- Enjoy watching these special birds.
Protect Torch Lake
Before you come to Torch Lake, Clean, drain and dry your boat to prevent the spread of invasive species.
Report Violations- Call 911
Know the Law – Michigan Boating Rules and Regulations
Don't just wish that Torch Lake will stay blue.
Choose a water-friendly lifestyle - make a difference!